Friday, May 27, 2016

And we're off, again

After a two day rest, I'm so ready to be back on the trail. This was the most enjoyable break I could imagine, but with a goal of the halfway mark I feel like I have to keep moving. Now there are shelters closing in the GSMNP due to bear activity and I believe a bear attack! I'm not sure what's going to be open by the time we're there but it was never in the plan to be eaten/mauled by bears, so it may have to be skipped. I want to be safe but dammit, I hate the thought of skipping by and not covering this half as planned. We'll see, making it home safe is the goal so I'll do what I need to. 
As for these days of rest and incredible relaxation, it was like being at a spa...a trail spa in the beautiful mountains of GA. If only I could share how incredible these people are who have taken us into their home and made us feel like family, but words just don't do them justice (not my ordinary words anyways)! The kindness of some cannot be measured by normal standards...these folks are just amazing! They will forever be my first and favorite trail angels but in this case, they must be called trail fairies! I will pay this forward...๐Ÿ˜Š❤️๐Ÿค—
To the AT and hope bears behave!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment