Tuesday, June 7, 2016

In the clouds

It's been so cloudy and rainy the last 3 days of hiking, I haven't even taken any pictures. The raft trip on Saturday was great but rained at the end and the sky opened up again later. Sunday was awful!!! Rained hard all day as we hiked 13 miles, even slack pacing hurt in that weather. Cold and wet on that kind of terrain...not a good time. My feet are dying from being wet for days in my boots but bought some balm today, hoping it solves my problems. I have never had raw feet to hike with...and I can't trade them in anywhere! Starting up into the Smokies tomorrow so I need them to feel better. Hoping for a great day yet I'm quite aware of how hard it's going to be. So, fire last night at the shelter (tent city) was great and the blue skies and water today was a welcome sight as we approached Fontana Dam. A cool orange salamader on the trail and a lovely butterfly too out enjoying the nice day. So glad to be out of the clouds and canopy and in the beautiful sunshine!!!☀️😀Tent city fire...  Blue sky and blue water!! Salamander  View from my bed in the shelter...   The Dam...the trail!❤️👍

No comments:

Post a Comment